For this week’s assignment, you will be writing a letter to a colleague. In this letter, you will be talking about fluency instruction. Your goal is to convince your colleague that fluency instruction is important and offer them ideas of how to add fluency instruction to their teaching. Questions to guide your thinking include:
- What is fluency instruction?
- Why is fluency instruction important?
- What are different ways to teach fluency?
- How does fluency instruction help struggling readers?
- If I could tell you one thing to focus on when it comes to fluency instructions, it would be…”
Follow the steps below to complete this assignment:
- Create a new document of your choosing (Word, Google Docs, Open Office – anything that can be saved/exported to PDF format).
- Write your letter. Make sure it is between 400-500 words.
- Make sure to include with notation, pertinent information from the readings.
- Be sure to refer to the assignment rubric to ensure you meet the required criteria, including citing sources. Be sure to refer to the assignment rubric to ensure you meet the required criteria, including citing sources. You can always view the rubric from the Course Resources folder at the top of this course or by clicking on Advanced Grading in the Administration Block.
- Save your plan as a PDF file with the naming convention Letter_FirstNameLastName. If your name is Walter Payton, your document name would be Letter_WalterPayton.
- Upload and submit your saved document to the upload interface below.
Points Possible: 30
Also see attached