Homework Help Question & Answers
part 1) Write the full electron configuration for any five of the elements you studied, both…
part 1) Write the full electron configuration for any five of the elements you studied, both of the atom and of the ion. Identify the valence electrons in each.
CaCl2, KCl, FeCl2, CuCl2, LiCl
1. Based on your conductivity values, can you classify the solutions as those that contain molecular compounds, ionic compounds, or molecular acids?
2. Classify each as strong or weak electrolyte.
3. Arrange the molecular acids from the strongest to the weakest, based on conductivity values.
4. Would you expect them to partially dissociate, completely dissociate, or not dissociate at all?
5. Write an equation for the dissociation or ionization of each compound. Use → for strong; ⇌ for weak.
6. Why do the compounds of the same type, each with the same concentration (0.05 M), have such large differences in conductivity values?
7. For H3PO4 and H3BO3, does the subscript “3” of hydrogen in these two formulas seem to result in additional ions in solution? Explain.
WATER AND GATORADE:
1. How do you explain the relatively high conductivity of tap water compared to a low or zero conductivity for deionized water?
2. Is Gatorade a strong or weak electrolyte?