The ability to effectively manage a classroom and meet the behavior and instructional needs of students both with and without disabilities is complex. Use this part of your field experience to work hands-on with students.
Allocate at least 5 hours in the field to support this assignment.
Continue to observe and collaborate with your mentor teacher on the elements that help create a positive, safe, and productive learning environment outlined in Clinical Field Experience A. With the assistance of your mentor teacher, select a small group or whole group activity you could lead.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
In 500-750 words, write a summary about your experiences leading the whole or small group of students through an activity. The following information should be addressed in your summary:
- The transitions used to get students ready to begin the activity
- The learning objective for the activity
- How you assessed student learning for the objective
- Strategies you used to engage students in the lesson
- Verbal and nonverbal cues you used to redirect students and keep them engaged
- Any collaboration you had with paraprofessionals and volunteers
- What went well during the activity
- What you would change In addition, discuss whether or not this field experience activity affirmed your choice of grade level and setting that you may want to teach in the future and support this with examples from the experience that led you to make this conclusion. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.