Strategic Marketing Report Situation Analysis (Individual Report). (2000 words)
Description of task:
- Your task is to prepare a Strategic Marketing Report for Latrobe University (the company and the brand) as it adjusts to a competitive university market that includes online learning.
- Note that the brand here is Latrobe University, starting with a focus on your campus before expanding to the wider Latrobe network. i.e Latrobe Bundoora, Latrobe regional, Sydney, China, Vietnam, etc.
- Each student is to work individually on this project. You should undertake your own external research of other competitor universities or higher education providers to investigate how other brands are situated in their particular learning space. You should develop a problems and opportunities statement for Latrobe University as the basis for a 5-year strategic marketing plan that could be presented to the Board of the university.
- Your report must include a title page with a title, your name and student number, subject details, tutor’s name, due date and date submitted, expected number of words & actual number of words. Do not guess.
- Your report must follow the format and detail as shown on the next page in the Detailed Grading Criteria. Use exactly the same headings and numbering as shown (i.e 1. Introduction … 6. References). Use Calibri Font, size 11, 1.5 line spacing. Your word count does not include the Executive Summary, Table of Contents, or Reference List.
Detailed Grading Criteria
Assessment Task 2: Strategic Marketing Report (situation Analysis)
An executive summary provides an overview of a document and is usually the first thing the reader will see. Your Executive Summary should state the problem being analysed and the method of solving the problem. Conclusions and recommendations are then given brief synopsis. Do not show too much detail. Don’t include any references. Usually one paragraph is sufficient.
Table of Contents
Your TOC should be clearly set out showing section headings and page numbers. This needs to look good and be easy to quickly read. Draw a dotted line from the section to the page number. You do not need to use the word “page” – it is understood that the number refers to the page number of the document.
eg. 2. Situation Analysis – External …………….……..…….. 5
Background needs to be presented professionally with relevant detail about the company, its history and key areas of operation and performance. Include detail of any marketing or financial data. Use tables and/or graphs as appropriate. Current vision, mission and marketing aims (as appropriate) should be shown. Summarise with an informative narrative.
2. Situation Analysis – External
This section should demonstrate the ability to undertake background research and data collection on the current market, industry, competitor and demand for your company/brand. Your narrative explaining your findings should provide a critical analysis of the data and include coverage of the key up-to-date elements of the external environment.
3. Situation Analysis – Internal
This section should demonstrate the ability to undertake research and data collection on the internal factors affecting the specific brand. Your narrative explaining your findings should provide a critical analysis of the data and include coverage of the key up-to-date elements of the internal environment.
4. Problems and opportunities
Based on your research and exploration of the data, report on the problems and opportunities you have identified. Number these. Explain each with sufficient detail so that the audience obtains a clear idea of the issue. You should report 2-3 key items for each problem and each opportunity.
Based on the analysis undertaken you are required to propose a number of recommendations (3- 5). These will be drawn from the analysis you have undertaken. You are expected to provide a compelling/persuasive case for their adoption that is supported by your internal and external analysis. The recommendations should be numbered, achievable, realistic and provide the audience with clear guidelines on what would be required for their implementation.
Presentation, Grammar, Spelling and Referencing
Quality of writing is expected to be of a very high “University” level standard (i.e., a mostly well thought-out, with clear guidance through linked and cohesive paragraphs and adherence to the section headings). Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation is expected.
A reference section headed “6. References” using the Harvard format. You must show in-text citations and not just a reference list at the end. Strictly adhere to the word limit
Assessment Task 2 : Strategic Marketing Report Questions & Answers
- What kind of marketing and financial data do I include ?
I have not been specific. So include anything that you think may be relevant.
- Where do I find this information?
You may use anything. Reference all sources. Try government sources on tertiary education, Latrobe sites, and reports or databases on the Latrobe library.
- Do I mention Covid 19 in the introduction/background or do I introduce it in the external situational analysis?
The report is about Latrobe post Covid, so you would definitely mention this in the introduction.
4. How many words is this report?
- ds +/- 10%. This does not include the Executive Summary or references.
5.Should the executive summary come before the table of contents?
Yes. See the marking guide that shows the sections.
6.Is there a specific amount of competitors I should analyse?
No. Universities have many competitors. It’s up to you to determine who they are and which ones are similar
7.How many references are required? Academic and non-academic
References are the name of the game at university. Do lots!
8.Should internal and external situational analysis be done in the following format? Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats?
Up to you! I have not specified how to do this.
The post prepare a Strategic Marketing Report for Latrobe University (the company and the brand) as it adjusts to a competitive university market that includes online learning. appeared first on Best Custom Essay Writing Services | EssayBureau.com.