· Intervention Group: Describe the detailed Intervention contents, procedures, and person who provided Intervention for Intervention group.
· Control Group: Describe the detailed contents, procedures, and person who provided contents for Control group
Obtaining Information Procedures
Describe the detailed procedure for obtaining information/data (i.e. made appointment to meet each participant, visited home/met clinical……etc)
Followed APA format for paper and in-text citations
Part II: Intervention Procedures/Obtaining Information Procedures
· Describe the intervention contents given to Intervention group
· Describe how the contents were given to Intervention group
· Identify the person who provided Intervention contents to Intervention group
Control Group: If the study has Control Group
· Describe the contents given to Control group
· Describe how the contents were given to Control group
· Identify the person who provided contents to Control group
Descriptive/Qualitative Study: Obtaining Information Procedure
· Describe the detailed procedure for obtaining information/data (i.e. made appointment to meet each participant, visited home/met in clinical setting……etc)
Prevention of Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI)
Manu Acha Roy1, Nisha Philip2, Deepa Fulwadiya2, Shruti Dhabade3
1HOD Paediatric Nursing, Symbiosis College of Nursing, Symbiosis International University, Pune, 2MSc Nursing 2nd Year, Symbiosis College of Nursing, Pune, 3BSc Nursing 4th Year Symbiosis
College of Nursing, Pune
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are a major public health problem in terms of morbidity and incur the highest total health care cost among urological diseases, exceeding that of chronic renal failure even when renal dialysis and renal transplantation are included. This study was conducted to assess the practice of staff nurses regarding prevention of UTI in clients with indwelling catheter.
An evaluative approach was adopted for the study to determine the effectiveness of structured teaching program on practice among staff nurses regarding prevention of urinary tract infection in patients with indwelling catheter. Pre -experimental, one group pre-test –post-test design was used for conducting the study. The result shows that the mean practice score in the post-test (18.56+- 3.88) was higher than the mean pre-test practice score(10.4+- 4.39),which is highly significant as p value 0.05. The study could help in increasing the practice among staff nurses regarding prevention of urinary tract infection in patients with indwelling catheters.
Ethical Clearance: It is been taken from Research Advisory Committee(RAC), Symbiosis College of Nursing.
Source of Funding:- Self
Conflict of Interest: Nil
1. Alyson W. Blanck, Moreen Donahue, Laurie Brentlinger, Kristy Dixon Stinger, Carol Polito. A quasi-experimental study to test a prevention bundle for catheter associated urinary tract infections. Journal of Hospital Administration. March 27, 2014.
73 Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, June 2018, Vol. 9, No. 6
2. Fink, R., Gilmartin, H., Richard, A., Capezuti, E., Boltz, M., Wald, H. Indwelling urinary catheter management and catheter associated urinary tract infection prevention practices in Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders hospitals. American Journal of Infection Control. 2012; 40(8): 715-720.
3. Tsuchida, T., Makimoto, K., Ohsako, S., Fujino, M., Kaneda, M., Miyazaki, T., et al. Relationship between catheter care and catheter associated urinary tract infections at Japanese general hospitals: A prospective observational study. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2008; 45(3): 352-361.
4. Kazi MM, Harshe A, Sale H, Mane D, Yande M, et al. (2015) Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI) and Antibiotic Sensitivity Pattern from Confirmed Cases of CAUTI in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A Prospective Study. Clinical Microbiology 4:193. doi: 10.4172/2327- 5073.1000193
5. Yatim J, Wong KS, Ling ML, Tan SB, Tan KY, Hockenberry M. A nurse-driven process for timely removal of urinary catheters. International Journal of Urological Nursing. 2016 Nov 1;10(3):167-72.
6. Parry MF, Grant B, Sestovic M. Successful reduction in catheter-associated urinary tract infections: focus on nurse-directed catheter removal. American journal of infection control. 2013 Dec 31;41(12):1178-81.
7. Blanck AM, Donahue M, Brentlinger L, Stinger KD, Polito C. A quasi-experimental study to test a prevention bundle for catheter-associated urinary tract infections. Journal of Hospital Administration. 2014 Mar 27;3(4):p101.
8. Lee JH, Kim SW, Yoon BI, Ha U-S, Sohn DW, Cho Y-H. Factors That Affect Nosocomial Catheter- Associated Urinary Tract Infection in Intensive Care Units: 2-Year Experience at a Single Center. Korean Journal of Urology. 2013;54(1):59-65.doi:10.4111/ kju.2013.54.1.59.
Copyright of Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development is the property of Institute of Medico-legal publications Pvt Ltd and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder’s express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use.
The post Intervention Group: Describe the detailed Intervention contents, procedures, and person who provided Intervention for Intervention group. appeared first on Versed Writers.