After the completion of the As-Is process modelling (in Assignment 1), your Consulting Team
(three members) has been asked to conduct a targeted process analysis and improvement
project for the end-to-end travel booking and payment process of No Particular University
(NPU). One of the key business goalsset by the NPU executive is to have the on-campus Travel
Agency provide a high-quality service to staff and to be the booking agency of choice for the
general public. This means that the core end-to-end process for travel booking should be
efficient, timely, customer focused and have minimal duplication of effort, while at the same
time mitigating its risk exposure. It is expected that your project will contribute towards this
Your team has been asked to produce a short report (at most 30 pages), which documents the
completion of the following tasks:
Task 1: Analysis of the current process. Specifically, the NPU management team is interested
a) the identification and analysis of all process waste, using a variety of qualitative and
b) the development of a comprehensive register of issues in the current process,
including their root causes; and
c) a discussion on their impact on the overall efficiency of the process.
Your findings should be supported by a detailed analysis through the application of
appropriate analytical techniques. Note: given the amount of data available, it would be
difficult to conduct meaningful queueing analysis and simulation. Hence, you are NOT
required to include these two analysis techniques.
Task 2: Improvement of the current process. Specifically, your consulting team is expected to
identify a set of different process changes which can benefit the process, including:
a) a variety of improvement ideas the focus on enhancement techniques
b) at least one improvement idea (for part/all of the process) which has been derived
from existing practice.
c) at least one improvement idea (for part/all of the process) which exploits an existing
resource that is currently underutilised.
For each new idea presented, you are expected to:
• Classify the idea as begin achievable in the short term (next 3-6 months) or in the long
term (next 1-3 years).
• Explain the qualitative and quantitative benefits of the idea, when implemented.
• Assess the feasibility of your improvement recommendation.
Finally, assuming all of your recommended improvement ideas are accepted by the NPU
management team, prepare a multi-level to-be model, derived from your as-is model, that
encapsulates all of your improvements. Your model should be consistent with the modelling
hierarchy agreed to by the NPU management team:
• You should show the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 models for the end-to-end process,
including the control-flow, data and resource perspectives.
• You should also include any additional modelling which you think is necessary to
highlight the major improvements made to the process.
• Furthermore, the model should make clear where changes have occurred (for
instance, link model parts to discussion and explanations of ideas and/or issues using
Task 3 [Individual] Write a personal reflection, that:
• explains your role within the team and what your contributions were to the
assignment and to your team (i.e. what parts of the assignment did you complete,
what parts did you review/provide feedback on)
• describes what you did to ensure that you worked efficiently individually and with
your team to create a cohesive report
• evaluates how efficiently the team worked together to complete the report
• explains each team member’s role in the team, how they worked with each other and
what they contributed to the team.
The post The As-Is process modelling first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.