Conduct a search for articles in both of these Databases: PubMed and
1. Select a topic that will show the impact of a nursing/health intervention on the health of a patient with disorder
or health problem. (eg. cognitive behavioral treatment for sleep disorders; or motivational interviewing for
2. Identify potential search terms for the intervention you are thinking of and post on the discussion board to get
feedback and suggestions from classmates (optional). You should have search terms that are just for the
intervention. You should have search terms just for the disorder/health problem.
3. To begin your search of the literature start with PubMed. After you complete the search in PubMed, repeat your
search with the same search term in Scopus.
4. First enter the nursing intervention as a single search. Next enter the disorder or health problem as a single
search. Next cross the first search with the second search by using the word AND to create the intersection of
5. (If you don’t know what is meant by intersection of your search terms – go back and review Boolean Operators
in your book or in the presentations by our TTUHSC librarian).
6. Create a document “Plan and Record for Searching the Literature (PRSL)” (see p. 127; Table 7-2) in Gray,
Grove, & Sutherland, 2017).
7. Fill out the PRSL document to plan and record your search of the assigned databases. You will submit this
completed document for this Assignment.
1. Select two peer reviewed primary research articles located during your literature search to display on a Literature
2. Complete the Literature Summary Table (Literature Summary Table, p. 133, Table 7-4 in Gray, Grove &
Sutherland, 2017) by paraphrasing the basic elements of a research report for each of the articles you selected.
The post Select a topic that will show the impact of a nursing/health intervention on the health of a patient with disorder or health problem. appeared first on Essay Lane.