Books available for book review Hello, please see below the list of books available through the Library website for your Book Review assignment. The other lists with books for the Book Review assignment include most books that are not online, so ignore those lists. The books and some dissertations towards the end of the list are suggestions for you to consider and you can do a different book, but check with me first. Remember to check the Book Review Guidelines on eclass.
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A (HISTORY) BOOK REVIEW
1. Read the book carefully and make notes as you go along, when something strikes you as impressive, controversial or simply interesting.
2. Sum up what the book is about selecting its most important conclusions.
3. State the nature and purpose of the book.
4. Provide a breakdown of the structure of the book, including any comments on thematic or chronological structure of the work. 5. Provide a detailed explanation of the thesis of the book. 6. Give a description and analysis of the sources and methodology employed.
7. Write a critique of the work in terms of its argument, style, methodology, employment of sources.
8. Discuss its relationship to other works in the field (to the extent that you can at this point) and try to argue how does it differ from other books on the same or similar topics or how does it agree.
9. Assess the value of the book detailing why and how it is useful or not useful, for the course you are doing, your program and your education in general.
10. Have another – final and quick – look at the book and see if you missed anything you consider important on a second reading
The post Assess the value of the book detailing why and how it is useful or not useful, for the course you are doing, your program and your education in general. appeared first on Essay Lane.