Clinical and Counseling Psychology
The purpose of an article review is to provide the academic community with a description, summary, and evaluation of the completed work. For the article review, students will assume the role of an expert who is critically evaluating contemporary research in the field of psychology. Students will incorporate material from across the course, analyzing and applying theories and principles of psychology, into a cohesive and well-written article review. This learning activity will facilitate the development of research skills, critical thinking, and writing skills that are necessary to success in the field of psychology. The article for review was chosen in Week Two of the course and must be used in this review. Carefully read the selected article, and then write the Article Review.
- Begin with a well-written introduction to the article that:
- Analyzes the article and identifies the professional area of psychology it represents
- Assesses the roles of psychology professionals within this area and describes whether or not the article clearly and correctly represents these roles.
- Evaluate the theoretical perspective on which the study is based
- Detail the hypotheses presented in the study or the relationship of interest
- Describe the sample(s) presented in the study (how participants were obtained, selected, sample size, etc.)
- Discuss where the study was conducted: university setting (lab), organization (field), etc.
- Examine the ethical concerns in the study using the APA Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct as a guide.
- Summarize the results of the study. Be certain to specify the findings and whether or not the hypotheses were supported.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the study (usually found in the discussion section of the article).
- Evaluate possible contemporary applications of the results within the article
- Create a conclusion that includes a synopsis of professional insights about the study.
In the creation of the Article Review, it is paramount to include information in the form of peer-reviewed research to support any statements made. A minimum of five peer-reviewed articles, not including the article chosen for this assignment, are required for this paper.
The post Assume the role of an expert who is critically evaluating contemporary research in the field of psychology. appeared first on Essay Lane.