Assessment task details and instructions:
‘Is it that an effective sponsor is key to effective and successful projects? or
is it the presence of an effective project manager that improves project success?’
The context for your assignment is a project managed by KevKo, a UK business involving the design, build, and handover of a 5G data and telecoms system in the Middle East.
The advent of the COVID 19 pandemic and political instability has badly delayed the project. The project manager is a very experienced and competent person but feels that the business case is not viable given the changed situation.
KK the entrepreneur founder and Chief Executive Officer of KevKo believes that it is the Project Manager that is at fault and that good risk management and a better project manager would have prevented the present problems.
The project steering group have asked the project Sponsor to report on the situation and present possible solutions to the conflict between the CEO and project manager.
Critically discuss the role of the project sponsor in project management utilising appropriate theoretical models to identify how the sponsor should champion the project and relate to the project manager.
In your answer you should discuss issues such as:
- Team building and motivation
- How Risk and conflict management can help in the success of projects.
You will need to take the following into account when completing your assignment.
- Establishment of relevant theory (e.g. what do we mean by role conflict in a project management context and what is the relationship between sponsor, executives and project managers in theoretical terms?).
- Allocation of credit and sources used (minimum 30 references Harvard Referencing System)
- Clarity of argument and relevance to the project management context;
- Overall report presentation including spelling and grammar;
The post Critically discuss the role of the project sponsor in project management utilising appropriate theoretical models to identify how the sponsor should champion the project and relate to the project manager. appeared first on Essay Lane.