For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following (any program and/or act of the New Deal):
Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC)
Public Works Administration (PWA)
Civil Works Administration (CWA)
Works Progress Administration (WPA)
Farm Security Administration (FSA) Emergency Banking Relief Act
Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA)
Tennessee Valley Authority Act (TVA)
National Employment System Act (Wagner-Peyser Act)
Home Owners Loan Act
National Industrial Recovery Act (NIA)
Glass-Steagall Act (Banking Act)
Securities & Exchange Act
Emergency Relief Appropriation Act
Resettlement Administration (RA)
Rural Electrification Administration (REA)
National Labor Relations Act (Wagner Act)
Social Security Act
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Reflecting over the weekly reading and lesson video The New Deal Coalition (also linked in the Required Resources), address the following for your selections:
• Consider workers, immigrants, and African Americans. Explain how minorities were represented by the New Deal.
• Analyze to what extent you think that the New Deal effectively ended the Great Depression and restored the economy.
For the initial post, consider three (3) of the following events:
• Treaty of Versailles
• Rise of fascism, militarism and imperialism
• Failure of the League of Nations
• Hitler and the Nazi Party
• The Lend Lease Act
• Japanese expansion and the bombing of Pearl Harbor
Based on your three selections, choose two (2) of the following and craft a response for your selections:
• Assess if the United States foreign policy during the 1930s helped to promote World War II. Could the United States have prevented the outbreak of World War II? If so, how? If not, why not?
• Explain if the United States, despite neutrality, aided the Allies against the Axis powers.
• Analyze if the use of atomic (nuclear) weapons to defeat enemies in war is a setback for democracy (President Truman’s decision to drop the atom bomb on Japan).
The post Assess if the United States foreign policy during the 1930s helped to promote World War II. Could the United States have prevented the outbreak of World War II? If so, how? If not, why not? appeared first on Essay Lane.