- List four teaching approaches that will apply in different educational situations.
- List 10 teaching strategies that might be of value and briefly explain how you would confirm the teaching approaches to be followed according to the teacher and the institutions’ principles of practice. 250–300 words total
- What factors will affect the selection of teaching resources? 120–150 words
- A teacher aide or assistant will work with the teacher to plan learning activities and to determine their supervisory responsibilities. List 10 things that will affect what is required of them.
- You have been asked to conduct some learning activities and supervise the students as they perform them. Explain how you will do this. 130–150 words
- List 10 principles of good teaching practice that can be utilised by teachers and their assistants.
- An assistant will consult with the teacher to confirm the student’s learning requirements and to understand the learning program. What are learning programs and how are they used to address specific learning requirements? 230–250 words
- *How can teachers and assistants ensure that the academic needs of students will be met? 120–140 words
List 10 special needs of students that should be addressed in the planning and preparation phase.
- What resources might a teaching assistant assemble? 50–60 word
- Why could modifications be necessary? 120–130 word
- How can the principles of practice be reflected in the planning and delivery of learning activities? 200–250 words
- Make 15 suggestions on how to establish positive, mutually respectful relationships with students.
- You are preparing a learning activity to be used in a fine arts class. The subject of the lesson is ‘Great painters in art history’. How would you ensure that all students’ learning styles were catered for? 80–100 words
- What is the role of the assistant and from what sources will instructions regarding their daily duties come? 150–160 words
- How can a teaching assistant enhance learning activities within the scope of the endorsed principles of practice? 100–120 words
- Explain why it is necessary to monitor, document and report to the supervising teacher on student progress. What sort of information might be contained in reports? 200–250 words
- Why is it important for students to reflect on their learning achievements and experiences? 150–200 words
- List 10 things students must learn, as they grow and develop, in order to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Conduct your own research to identify and describe four things an assistant teacher could do to help shy, reticent or introverted students participate in learning and social interactions at school.
- Students are engaged in quiet work; however Hannah is talking to another student. How might you redirect her attention? If necessary conduct independent research. 100–150 words
- Explain what behaviours of concern are, and list eight established management strategies.
- How will you identify the correct storage methods for student records? 30–50 words
- Who is authorised to access and retrieve the information held in student records? 100 word
- What are interpersonal skills and how do an assistant teacher’s interpersonal skills contribute to student learning? 100 words
- What competencies and qualifications must a person have to perform in an education support role?
- Why is it important to understand contemporary theories of learning? 70–100 words
- Suggest four ways an assistant might identify the appropriate principles of practice for the education environment in which they work.
- What is the learning process, ie how do people learn? Conduct independent research.
- What are curriculum documents and how do they interact with the teaching process? 150–180 wor
- How can an assistant gather information about:
the educational institution’s process and procedures for working with students and supporting behaviour
the different responsibilities of teachers and education support workers for student learning outcomes
relevant legislation, policies and standards that regulate education’s service delivery, work health and safety, behaviour support and anti-discrimination
The post List four teaching approaches that will apply in different educational situations appeared first on University Writings.