• Go to www.promedmail.org (International Society for Infectious Diseases). This site posts real-time disease outbreak information from around the world.
• You can either subscribe to have the postings e-mailed to you on a daily basis or you can visit the site to read the postings.
• This assignment must be posted by the end of the day (CST) listed on the syllabus. • For the assignment, you will need to do the following:
➢ Choose a posting dated October 4, 2020 to present on a Human or Animal disease outbreak. Do not select articles on plant diseases. – Summarize the Pro-MED posting (also provide the title, archive #, and the URL in the reference list) AND
➢ Add additional information on the specific disease from a different site(s) (you will include this source in the reference list with the exact URL) AND
➢ Add additional information on environmental conditions (climate, socioeconomic, lack of oversight or regulations [for foodborne], political crisis, etc) that may have influenced disease transmission (you will include this source in the reference list with the exact URL).
Environment is one of the components of the Epidemiology Triangle.
➢ The reference list must be in APA format and you must also cite sources within the text (in APA format).
You will have at least 3 sources in the reference list:
1) the ProMED article,
2) the source for disease information, and
3) the source for environment information.
• Each Pro-MED assignment must be at least 600 words. Points will be deducted if the summary is less than 600 words.
• This assignment must be in your own words. You may include important personal quotes (in quotation marks) from the ProMEDs or other sites, but only to add to your discussion. If a significant portion of your assignment (>12%) is quoted, points will be deducted accordingly.
The post Choose a posting dated October 4, 2020 to present on a Human or Animal disease outbreak. Do not select articles on plant diseases. – Summarize the Pro-MED posting appeared first on Essay Lane.