Examining Our Motivations
• Grading Breakdown Motivations Assignment.
• Motivations Assignment Template.pdf Motivations Assignment Template
The purpose of this assignment is to help develop an awareness of the motivations that have influenced your decision to enter the helping professions. It is through careful examination of these factors that one can begin to understand the unique influence we may have on others and, the influence others have on us.
Analyzing these motivations is critical in helping shape your career and understanding your choice to become a Social Service Worker. Looking at the question of how one’s own personal needs impact on our ability to be an effective helper is a key component to practicing ethically and ensuring the client’s needs come first. If we are not aware of these motivations they could become unmet needs that negatively influence our work with others.
The first reading in the course is titled Becoming a Helper by Corey & Corey. This reading has been discussed in class. Utilizing the reading and associated class discussions, answer the following questions:
1. Identify two (2) of the typical needs that are most relevant for you and have motivated or influenced your decision to become a Social Service Worker. Explain how each of these two needs have specifically provided motivation for you, how they can assist you in your work and what challenges they could create for you.
2. Discuss each of the remaining eight (8) typical needs covered in the reading and explain why you feel they either relate or do not relate to your situation, how they might provide valuable motivation for a worker as well as how they could create problems for a worker who is not aware of these needs.
3. Explain two of the characteristics identified in the reading as those of an “Ideal Helper” that you feel best fit you, and one characteristic that you believe will require professional growth and development and why.
The post Discuss each of the remaining eight (8) typical needs covered in the reading and explain why you feel they either relate or do not relate to your situation, how they might provide valuable motivation for a worker as well as how they could create problems for a worker who is not aware of these needs. appeared first on Essay Quoll.