write a 1 page answer for each question of the following essay questions. will take grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and the content of your answer, etc., into account when grading. Save all your answers into one document, and make sure to number the answers with the same number as the questions below. Properly Cite and have a Citation page.
1. Describe Max Weber’s “multidimensional” perspective of conflict in society (class, status, and party). Give an example of each of his dimensions, and explain why he distinguished between them. How is this different from Karl Marxs understanding of stratification?
2. How does C. Wright Mills build upon Max Weber’s ideas when he proposes the theory of a “power elite,” and how does he define the “power elite?” How does the power elite function in US society? In your opinion, does he present a theoretically compelling model of US society? Why or why not?
3. What are some of the major differences between the Conflict Tradition and the Durkheimian Tradition? Do they contradict or complement each other? Which problems are each tradition strongest and weakest in addressing? Why?
4. Describe the elements of Erving Goffman’s “dramaturgical” theory of society. In what ways does it contribute to Durkheim’s analysis of the importance of ritual and symbol for social order. What are the strengths and weaknesses of Goffman’s approach, in your opinion?
5. Describe what Robert Bellah means by “civil religion.” What are some of the elements of this civil religion, and why does it conform to Durkheim’s functional ideas of religion? Do you think civil religion remains an important factor in American society? Why or why not?
6. What do social scientists mean by the phrase “the social construction of reality?” Why is this concept part of the Microinteractionist Tradition (especially as articulated by Herbert Blumer)? Give two examples of how aspects of your reality are “socially constructed.”