QAC020N252H: WordEduLimited is an Online Education Provider. They are Looking to Design and Develop an up-to-date System: User Experience Design Assignment, UOR, UK
|University||University of Roehampton (UOR) London|
|Subject||QAC020N252H: User Experience Design|
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of UX/UI design principles and techniques and evaluate their usefulness in the design and development of interactive interfaces.
- Identify and evaluate usability, accessibility, professional and ethical standards relating to the design and development of interactive systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to design, test, and evaluate interfaces using UX design principles.
This assignment weighs 100% of the assessment weighting for this module and covers all learning outcomes. Students will be asked to design and develop a UI based on a UX scenario, using appropriate UX design principles, and develop a 3000-word report to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of UX design principles and practical approaches. Students will have access to formative feedback on each task set in workshops, thereby helping them to refine their approach to the summative tasks that have been set.
WordEduLimited is an online education provider. They are looking to design and develop an up-to-date system to cater to the needs of their growing business effectively. Due to the rapid increase of online education and to stay ahead of its competitors, the company has decided to improve the layout of its existing system in order to improve learners’ online experience.
For the purpose of this assignment, you are required to improve the end-users’ journey for the following online services. Consider the website, mobile, and iPad-friendly design.
- Student/tutor login
- Students search for courses
- Studentsfee payments
- Tutor profile
- Admin Login
- Admin search for all students/tutors
You will demonstrate critical appraisal of the UX theories required for the design and implementation of a prototype system for the WordEdu
You are also required to implement a full lifecycle UX analysis and design, utilizing Jesse James Garrett’s methodology for designing digital products.
- Conduct research on interviewing techniques and design a UX qualitative interview questionnaire.
- Construct at least two user personas based on evidence gathered during user research.
- Apply UX Principals and Data to Scope Plane Outline
- Apply data, gathered from UX data and User Personas, to implement UCD principles into the process and task design. Demonstrate application through 2 user stories or suitable UX process mapping techniques.
- Create Application Structure and Information Architecture for Structure Phase
- Implement Information architecture concepts to create an effective navigation structure.
- Wireframe Implementation for Skeleton Plane
- Implement high fidelity wireframes.
- Test wireframes with users to prove the hypothesis on process development.
- Implementing UI Prototypes, Styles guides, and Branding for the Surface Plane
- Design and implement style tiles and guides
- apply UX and branding concepts.
- Conclusion and Recommendations
- Provide a critical appraisal of usability and accessibility considerations for the successful implementation of a prototype solution in an organization using UX design theory and best practices.