You are required to collect the number of hours of sleep per day for ten consecutive days of your choice. You can easily collect the data manually or using an electronic tracker.
TASK DESCRIPTION – INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT: DATA ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES
You are required to collect the number of hours of sleep per day for ten consecutive days of your choice. You can easily collect the data manually or using an electronic tracker. Once you have collected the hours of sleep data for ten days, you are required to prepare a report undertaking followings:
1. Arrange the data in a table format. (5 marks)
2. Present the data using any two types of charts of your choice. Example: Column chart, bar chart, scatter plot, line chart, pictograms, histograms etc. (10 marks)
3. Calculate and discuss the followings. Please provide the steps for the calculation and highlight the final value.
I. Mean (8 marks)
II. Median (8 marks)
III. Mode (8 marks)
IV. Range (8 marks)
V. Standard Deviation (13 marks)
4. For your data, use the linear forecasting model which is y = mx + c to calculate and discuss the followings:
I. Show the steps of calculation of m value and discuss the answer. (15 marks)
II. Show the steps of calculation of c value and discuss the answer. (15 marks)
III. Using the calculated `m` and `c` values, forecast the number of hours of sleep for day 11 and day 15. (10 marks)
Approximately 1000 words
|Formatting and Layout|
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
- 1. Writing: Written in English using appropriate business/academic style
- Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
- Length: Approximately 1000 words
- Document format: Individual Assignment
I. Cover page – Ensure a clear title, course, name and student ID number is on the cover sheet.
II. Table of Contents – Provide headings with appropriate page numbers.
III. Main Body – Attempt all the given tasks.
IV. Reference list using Harvard Referencing Style.(HARVARD ANGLIA)