Assignment 1: Financial Organization Analysis
Due Week 2 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet to research one (1) of the following financial institutions: J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, or Citigroup. Gather information about the overall nature of their business, products or services it sells, key financial data, and its mission and vision statements.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the business of the organization that you have chosen, indicating the financial services provided by the institution.
- Develop and apply a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) analysis of this organization.
- Suggest ways that the institution could capitalize on its strengths and minimize its weakness. Provide support for your rationale.
- Examine the current regulatory environment and illustrate three (3) ways in which this environment affects the profits of the organization that you have chosen.
- Suggest ways that the organization can minimize the impact of the regulation on its operations. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the organization and structure of the banking and financial-services industry.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in commercial bank management and operations.
- Write clearly and concisely about commercial bank management and operations using proper writing mechanics.