This essay of a minimum of 500 to a maximum of 700 words requires you to choose any one of the stories given below. Review the list of stories to identify which one you’d like to write about:
• “Rules of the Game” by Amy Tan
• “Death by Landscape” by Margaret Atwood
• “To Room Nineteen” by Doris Lessing
You aren’t required to do any research for this essay.
Critical Essay Topics
Choose just one of the following topics:
1. To what extent is the protagonist of the story you have chosen responsible for the conflict or predicament he or she faces?
2. How does the antagonist in the story you’ve chosen contribute to the story’s overall meaning?
Try not to use any secondary sources.
Your essay should have three parts: an introductory paragraph, a body containing fully developed paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph. Following is a general guide for what to include in each section of your essay.
In your introductory paragraph:
• Provide the complete title of the story you’ve chosen and the author’s complete name.
• Identify clearly your essay topic.
• Include a strong thesis statement on your topic.
• Forecast the main stages of your essay.
In your analysis in the body of your essay:
• Make effective use of topic sentences to identify the main ideas of your analysis.
• Support your comments with evidence (paraphrase and direct quotations) from your chosen story.
• Explain the significance of each piece of evidence you present.
• Contribute to the reader’s understanding of the story as a whole.
In your concluding paragraph:
• Summarize how your analysis supports your thesis.
• Restate your thesis in different words.
The post To what extent is the protagonist of the story you have chosen responsible for the conflict or predicament he or she faces?Explain appeared first on Essay Quoll.