Organize your paper using the following headings (please use these headings):
• Title Page.
o Preview the main themes of your paper.
• Continuum of Care.
o Describe where the physician practice and the hospital fall on the continuum of patient care. How do providers at each location try to return their patients to their highest level of functioning?
• Scope of Responsibility and Authority.
o Analyze the scope of responsibility and authority that you had at the physician practice, compared to your new role as a hospital administrator.
• The Management Approach.
o Describe how your management approach has changed across the two settings.
o Summarize the main themes of your paper.
Write a 3-5 page paper describing where a physician practice and a hospital fall on the continuum of patient care, explaining the scope of responsibility and authority at the physician practice, and describing the differences of management’s approach across the two settings.
For this assessment, imagine you have decided to leave your position at the primary care office from your previous assessment. You have accepted an administrator position at an academic medical center that is noted for its diversity in staffing. Using the resources provided, along with a minimum of two peer-reviewed articles based on your own research, complete a 3–5 page paper discussing the following:
• Describe where the physician practice and the hospital fall on the continuum of patient care. How do providers at each location try to return their patients to their highest level of functioning?
• Explain the scope of responsibility and authority that you had at the physician practice, compared to your new role as a hospital administrator.
• Describe how your management approach has changed across the two settings.
Niles, N. J. (2021). Basics of the U.S. health care system (4th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 2: Explain health care management approaches in diverse health care settings.
o Describe where the physician practice and the hospital fall on the continuum of patient care.
o Analyze how providers at each location try to return their patients to their highest level of functioning.
o Analyze the differences in the scope of responsibility and authority between the physician practice and the hospital administrator positions.
o Describe how the management approach changes between physician practice and hospital settings.
• Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
o Produce writing that conveys understanding of the topic, its context, and its relevance.
o Use academic writing conventions such as APA formatting and citation style, or others as required.
o Produce writing that includes minimal grammar, usage, and mechanical errors, including spelling.
• Your paper will be a minimum of 3–5 double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages.
• Font: Times New Roman 12-point.
• Cite at least two references in addition to the resources offered in this assessment.
• Format your paper according to APA style.
As you prepare for your assessment, consider the following:
Compare and contrast three different types of outpatient care settings, such as physician offices, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care, emergency rooms, et cetera.
• Examine the role of the administrator in each setting.
• Examine how clinicians provide quality care to patients in each setting.
• Analyze the importance of understanding cultural diversity in each setting and how this understanding relates to the quality of care.
• How can administrators contribute to ensuring respect for cultural diversity?
Consider the history of inpatient services. What are the responsibilities of administrators in an inpatient setting?
Current Operations of Health Care Systems
• Health Care Administration Undergraduate Library Research Guide.
• Niles, N. J. (2021). Basics of the U.S. health care system (4th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning. Available in the courseroom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
o Chapter 5, “Inpatient and Outpatient Services,” pages 120–122.
• Abele, J. E., & Barnett, H. E. (2017). Administration of medical electronics. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, 51(3), 189.
• Han, L. C., Smith, C. A., Howard, B. N., Scanlan-Hanson, L., Molella, R. G., Beetcher, M. R., & Zavaleta, K. W. (2017). Training health care administrators through a clinically focused disaster simulation. The Journal of Health Administration Education, 34(1), 119–131.
• Padgett, J., Gossett, K., Mayer, R., Chien, W., & Turner, F. (2017). Improving patient safety through high reliability organizations. The Qualitative Report, 22(2), 410.
The post Topic: Health Care Management in diverse settings appeared first on BoomEssayWriters.