You are required to form a team (not exceeding 3 members) and choose a firm that you wish to focus on for completing this project. You need to evaluate and analyze the existing logistics and supply chain management practices in the firm. Specifically, you have to analyze the strategies of supply chain in the firm to manage demand, orders and inventory for improving efficiency. Afterwards, evaluate the strategies in selecting distribution channels, transportation networks for optimizing efficiencies through supply chain management.
You can refer to the below example about the main elements for the design of your assignment. Or, you can develop your own outline for writing the project as long as you cover the key components.
Your project should be about maximum 15 pages in length (excluding references and appendices).
Latest Date for Submission: 17/10/2020
Project Outline (For your reference)
- Executive Summary
- Background of the Company
- Procurement Management
- Technology: Managing Information Flow
- Demand Management
- Order Management and Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Logistics and Transportation Management
- Distribution Management
- Supply Chain Relationships
- Conclusion and Recommendations
- Font type – Times New Roman, Size 12.
- Spacing – 1.5 Spacing
- Table of Content and Page number must be included
- Include Cover Page with names and student’s ID for all group members
- All references must follow the APA style.
- Plagiarism is a serious offence.
- Plagiarism include the following behaviours (but not limited to):
- copy another student’s work,
- fail to properly cite other people’s work or give proper credit to the original source,
- hire or ask another individual to complete the assignment for you,
- copy too many words or ideas from one or two sources, that makes up a significant portion of your work, even with proper citation.
- Similarity index must be less than 20%.
- Each group member must actively participate in the completion of the assignment. Free-riding is unethical and extremely unfair to fellow group members.
- Each group member is expected to keep the contact numbers and e-mail addresses of the other members of the group.
- The group leader has the responsibility to ensure that all group members play a part in the completion of the assignment. The group leader is also responsible to ensure that all members’ names are written on the final submission.
- It is the responsibility of each group member to ensure that the final submission is complete and of the acceptable standard. Should any errors or omission occurred in the final submission, each group member is held accountable for negligence – in other words, failure to perform their responsibilities as expected.