EDEC 108, S2, 2020
Due Date: 20 October, 2020 before 11:55PM
Essay (2500 words) Assessment 1:
Create an essay describing and reflecting on an ethical or professional issue in early childhood education using appropriate literature and documents.
1. Identify ONE Ethical OR Professional issue (10%)(500 words).
· Justify your choice of ethical OR Professional issue.
· Describe how your chosen biblical principles relate to the issue.
· Provide examples of impact on key stakeholders.
2. Demonstrate application of the two following documents to the issue using the Ethical Decision-Making Cycle, (10%)(750 words):
· UN Convention of Children’s Rights
· ECA Code of Ethics
3. Demonstrate understanding and alignment of decision with (10%)(750words):
· Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
· National Quality Standards
4. In conclusion and with reference to the Decision-Making Cycle, outline your response to the issue (10%) (500 words)
5. Overall quality of writing (10%)
• Strong writing style with clear ability to express thoughts and points of view
• Adhering to the word limit
• Excellent grammar, syntax, spelling, etc.
• Correct APA referencing
Research and Referencing
You are expected to refer to the two required readings and at least 4 other references from peer-reviewed journal articles. Refer to ExO and CuO for recommended readings.
In-text referencing and reference list (at the end of your essay) should be formatted according to APA guidelines.
E-journals available through Excelsia College Library portal
- Australasian Journal of Early Childhood
- EarlyChildhood Education Journal
- International Journal of Early Childhood
- European Early Childhood Education Research Journal