The discussion groups serve as the main form of communication and collective learning in this course. You have been assigned to a discussion group and you will learn together throughout the course. The purpose of the boards is to respond and ask questions about the readings with your classmates. If you quote the readings, please use proper citation.
After reading the required selections, please post a response and follow up question to the group thread. You can respond to more than one question and questions should only be a guide to the conversation not required questions to be answered in essay form.
- How are concepts like “truth”, “reality”, and “objectivity” much messier than we generally think?
- Do you accept Gergen’s assertion that “nothing is real unless people agree that it is”? Why do you accept or reject this claim?
- What is a symbol? What is the difference between a sign and a symbol? What makes symbols such an important aspect of human behavior and interaction?
- In what sense are human perceptions biological? In what sense are they social? How are your perceptions shaped by culture, language, and your interactions with others?
- First post due 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, CT.
- Respond to one or more classmates by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, CT.
- Respond to two or more classmates by 11: 59, p.m., Sunday, CT.
The post Human Perceptions appeared first on University Writings.