Identify a theory that uses a concept of interest to you that can be applied in research and nursing practice (clinical, education, or administration).
Provide a brief description of the theory using an original source or as close to the original source as possible. Include a brief discussion of the origins of the theory and the scope/level (grand, middle range, practice/situation specific) of the theory. Identify the major concepts of the theory and discuss how they are related (propositions). Pick two of the concepts, including your concept of interest, and state theoretical definitions of these concepts.
APA format including a title page (using specified format), 2-3 pages of text and a reference list. It will be double spaced, written in 12-point Times New Roman font, and have 1 inch margins. Professional and orderly presentation of ideas (precision, clarity, format, headings, grammar, spelling & punctuation) with appropriate citation of sources in text and reference list is required.
Only primary sources and empirical articles are to be used for this assignment. Secondary sources such as textbooks, literature reviews, systematic reviews, dissertations and concept analyses are NOT to be used.
Submit as a WORD document.
1. Brief discussion of theory origins, scope/level of theory and how the theory relates to the concept of interest (20pts)
2. Identification of major theory concepts (min of 3 concepts) (20pts)
3. Brief discussion of relationships among main concepts (propositions) within the theory (20pts)
4. Theoretical definitions of two concepts. One definition must be that of the concept of interest (20pts)
5. Use of original sources ( or as close as possible) to describe theory (10pts)
6. APA style and format (10pts) Minimal use of direct quotes (1-2 max). Proper use of title page (using specified format) spacing, font, margins, and headings.
The post Identify a theory that uses a concept of interest to you that can be applied in research and nursing practice (clinical, education, or administration). appeared first on Essay Hotline.