Identify and research a large business in your pathway. It should be on the Fortune 500 list. Don’t use a company that someone has already used. Access their most recent (less than 12 months) Annual Report/10K at the EDGAR filings at SEC Edgar search tool or Yahoo or Google finance. Please put the name of the company, in the subject line of your post.
- Write a 3 paragraph discussion post with the following information:
- Why are you interested in this company? What is your pathway?
- What is the date of the most recent balance sheet presented? In chapter 11 we learned about contingent liabilities. Does the balance sheet include any references to contingent liabilities? If it does, please describe what was shown.
- In the financial report, find the section in the “notes to financial statements” labeled “Commitments and Contingencies”. Describe and explain two of the company’s contingent liabilities reported in the notes that you found especially interesting.
- If your company doesn’t have any contingent liabilities, please select another company.
- Reply to at least 2 of your fellow classmates, who selected a different company than yours.
- Each reply must be at least 5 sentences long, meaningful, substantive, and detailed.
- Comment on something that you found interesting about their company, that you didn’t know before.
Proper spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, etc. are required.
Do not copy and paste any information. Your posts should be in your own words.
Follow the minimum requirements for discussion board posts located in the general discussion area. Recall, those are the minimum requirements, more posts are always encouraged.
The initial post is due 4 days before the due date.
Examples of businesses in pathways could be:
- AHCD: Dance, Theater, Film production, Social media, Graphics design or architecture business
- Business: Accounting office, caterer, an advertising firm, dry cleaner, restaurant, any business is acceptable
- Education: K-12 tutoring, Child care, Charter schools
- Health Sciences: Dr. or Dentist office, PT office, Hospital, Insurance co,
- IMCT: Engineering Co., Aviation maintenance, Aviation distribution, Supply Chain Management, Auto manufacturing
- Public Safety: Law office, PI, Equipment providers for the industry
- STEM: Engineering Co., Vet. Office, Computer Services co.
- SGSHS: Psychology office, Non-profit agencies, Social Media, Hospitals, Drug manufactures