For this Milestone 2 assignment, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- You will use the five (5) sources you identified in your Milestone 1 assignment to address your chosen topic. Remember that for this milestone 2 assignment, you are, in essence, building your literature review (introduction section) for your final paper. A literature review is both a summary as well as an explanation of knowledge. This assignment is going to allow you to summarize, evaluate, and compare the original research you have found, and it will help orient your reader.Next, based on your understanding of each article, answer the following questions that pertain to essential literature review elements:
- Summarize the claims made by the authors of the existing research in the field regarding the topic you have chosen. (Make sure you explain the claims the authors made about their researched topic as well as the conclusions they reached).
- Describe the specific research designs used in the presented research and explain how these designs were used to address the research topic. For example, what were the specific methods used to address their research questions? What types of research design(s) were used (be specific)? (make sure you briefly include the number of participants, their demographics (gender, age, and so forth if the article provides them), and briefly explain where and how the research was conducted (the procedure).
- How did the research designs used by researchers help in conducting their research?
- Do you think the research in each of the articles was conducted in an ethical manner? Why or why not?
- What overall conclusions can be reached by you, based on your own review and presentation of these studies and references?
Two samples of how you should structure the information in your literature review are attached along with the rubric. Although the samples do not contain all of the information required for this milestone, it should give you an idea. Please follow the examples I have provided.
Guidelines for Submission: You will upload the paper as a Word document to Blackboard for grading and feedback. Your submission for this milestone must be follow APA paper guidelines. Your submission should not exceed 5-6 pages (excluding the cover and reference pages). It should include a cover page and reference page, be written with 12-point Times New Roman font and double spacing, and you will follow proper APA citation and reference format.
Any thoughts that are not your own MUST be cited in proper APA format. Direct quotes (short and long) MUST be cited and formatted following APA guidelines. Even if you paraphrase information, it MUST be cited. Papers are being evaluated through SafeAssign. Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated. If plagiarism is discovered, it will result in a grade of 0 for the assignment and possible disciplinary action. AU’s writing center can assist you if you are unsure. You can also use the following Purdue OWL link: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ to help you with your citations and references and you can avoid plagiarism by also using one of the following plagiarism checking links: https://papersowl.com/free-plagiarism-checker , https://www.grammarly.com/plagiarism-checker , https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/
For this Milestone 3 assignment, the following critical elements must be addressed:
I. You will create the Methodology section of your hypothetical study. This assignment is going to allow you to present your research design and develop and present the details of how your hypothetical study would be conducted.
II. Next, make sure you include the following essential information that pertains to the Method elements:
- · Reiterate your research question. What is the purpose of your hypothetical study?
- · Determine an appropriate research design that addresses your research question regarding your chosen topic and explain why this design was chosen. Also, what will your dependent (DV) and independent (IV) variables be for this study?
- · For your Participants section describe the following:
o How many participants do you envision having for this hypothetical study and how will you select them (where will you be gathering your participants from)?
o What type of sampling method will you use and why?
o Will you be assigning participants to groups? Yes, no and explain why
o What will the demographics of your participants be (gender, ethnicity, age range(s), SES, educational criteria (if relevant), history of medical and/or mental health diagnosis (if relevant) )?
- · For your Procedures section describe the following:
o Where the study will take place (e.g. online, a lab, a university, a medical or mental health setting, a natural environment, etc.)? Explain why you have selected that particular setting.
o Over what period of time will data be collected?
o If you are using an intervention, you must describe it in terms of content and also dose parameters (e.g. groups will meet once per week for 60 minutes for 10 consecutive weekly sessions).
- · For your Measures section describe the following:
o You MUST include at least one survey (make sure to include relevant citations and references if you are employing existing measures)
§ To find surveys, go to PsychTESTS
- Explain what the measure’s purpose is and what it studies
- Explain what type of measure it is (self-report, therapist, rating, teacher rating, parent rating, etc.) and explain why you consider it appropriate for your research study
- Describe how many items the measure has and any subscales it might include
- How/when will this measure be used and why (e.g. at the beginning of the study (pre-test), at the end of the study (post-test), etc.)
- Explain how you will account for ethical issues associated with your proposed research. In other words, how will you ensure that ethical guidelines will are followed appropriately and adequately?
Guidelines for Submission: You will upload the paper as a Word document to Blackboard for grading and feedback. Your submission for this milestone must follow APA paper guidelines. Your submission should not exceed 3-4 pages (excluding the cover and reference pages). It should include a cover page and reference page, be written with 12-point Times New Roman font and double spacing, and you will follow proper APA citation and reference format.
- Sunday, November 22, 202011:59 PMPoints Possible60For this Milestone 4 assignment, you will create the Discussion section of your hypothetical study. This assignment is going to allow you to discuss the ethics, limitations, validity, additional research questions and possible practical applications and your conclusion section of your hypothetical study.
Please see the attached rubric for more detailed instructions.