After completing this lab activity, you should be able to,
- Estimate the amount of aspirin in a solution.
- Synthesize aspirin and explain the mechanism.
- Use Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to obtain information such as molecular formula, physical properties, hazards, and disposal procedures for chemicals used in each experiment.
- Prepare and maintain a laboratory notebook, including a write-up of each experiment that details the purpose, chemical equations, calculation of theoretical yield, percent yield, and record of experimental observations.
- Write clear, concise, scientific laboratory reports using American Chemical Society style for each experiment.
- Use critical analysis skills to interpret data and draw conclusions.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAB ACTIVITY COMPLETION:
This is your lab activity for the course chapter twenty-four (24).
Therefore, the first step is to visit the following webpage: http://vlab.amrita.edu/index.php
Once you have reached this webpage, register with a username and password. This is a free registration.
After you have registered, log in and copy and paste the following link into your browser:
The purpose of this page and subsequent pages is to provide you with the resources to complete this lab activity.
After reading the theory page, click on procedure. This page explains how to conduct the laboratory experiment online. This page also provides you with guidance on important points to remember, if you do this experiment in actual settings in a lab.
Then, complete the self-evaluation. This is for your own reflection. After, reflection, click on animation and conduct the experiment and complete the given assignment. You can also use the given reference page for more information.
After you conduct the experiment and complete the assignment questions, you need to submit only the lab report. In the lab report, you include your lab simulation results. The report should be written as if you conduced the experiment (simulated) to find out the answers according to the experiment. After completing the report, please upload the report as a .doc file.
The lab report has to be written following the ACS guidelines. Therefore, please use the following link to understand what subtitles should be included in the lab report.
At the end of the laboratory report, please include a section covering the information derived from the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) relevant to the chemicals you come across in this experiment.
The post Prepare and maintain a laboratory notebook, including a write-up of each experiment that details the purpose, chemical equations, calculation of theoretical yield, percent yield, and record of experimental observations. appeared first on Essay Hotline.