1. Describe the structure of an H-R Diagram. Draw one a label all of the key groups of stars.
2. Describe the life of a low mass star, and how it relates to the H-R Diagram.
3. Describe the life of a high mass star, and how it relates to the H-R Diagram.
4. Draw a diagram showing the structure of the Sun. Label the major layers (core, radiation zone, convective zone, photosphere, chromosphere, corona). What does each layer do?
5. What are sunspots?
6. How does a star take lower atomic number nuclei, and turn them into higher atomic number nuclei?
7.A star is observed to have a parallax 0.45”. Show that it is a distance of 7.2 LY away.
8.A star is a distance of 320 pc away. Show that you would observe it to have a parallax of 0.0031”.
9.A star has an absolute magnitude of -2.1, and an apparent magnitude of 4.2. Show that it is a distance of 182 pc away.
The post Stars first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.