Complete a 2-part assignment in which you conduct research about a population of focus, develop a PICOT statement, and write a Literature Review. And later use this to as an evidence-based practice project.
PICOT (Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Time to achieve the outcome) is a method that helps clarify the qualities needed to create a good question out of a practice issue or problem affecting the population of focus. Additionally, the information derived from a good PICOT makes it easier to perform a literature search in order to find translational research sources that can be used to address the clinical problem.
Use a national, state or local population health care database to research indicators of disparity. Choose a mortality/morbidity indicator to identify a clinical problem or issue that you want to explore pertaining to a population of focus. Use this indicator to begin to formulate a PICOT and conduct research on the population.
Write a 1000 word paper that analyzes your research and focuses on the population you have chosen. Describe the population’s demographics and health concerns, and explain how nursing science, health determinants, and epidemiologic, genomic, and genetic data may impact population health management for the selected population. Provide an overview of a potential solution for solving the health issue related to your population and the intended PICOT statement. Describe how the solution incorporates health policies and goals that support health care equity for the population of focus.
You are required to cite five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. ( PART A rubric)
In Part A, you described the population and quality initiative related to your PICOT (Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Time to achieve the outcome) statement. In this assignment, you will formalize your PICOT and research process.
Search for peer-reviewed research articles. Find five peer-reviewed primary source translational research articles.
In a paper of 1,500 words, synthesize the research into a literature review. The literature review should provide an overview for the reader that illustrates the research related to your particular PICOT. Include the following:
1. Introduction: Describe the clinical issue or problem you are addressing.
2. Methods: Describe the criteria you used in choosing your articles
3. Synthesize the Literature: Part A: Discuss the main components of each article (subjects, methods, key findings) and provide rationale for how this supports your PICOT; Part B: Compare and contrast the articles: Discuss limitations, controversies, and similarities/differences of the studies.
4. Areas of Further Study: Analyze the evidence presented in your articles to identify what is known, unknown, and requires further study.
5. You are required to cite 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
6. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. (PART B rubric)