Pick one of these prompts:
1. Using Trifles and a poem, write an essay in which you argue that the social conventions of how men and women are “expected to act” shape the interactions between the sexes and result in tragedy.
2. The central character in August Wilson’s Fences is an outsider—Troy because of his race, prison record, and age. Using a poem and the play, show how this character is mistreated because of his status as an outsider and explain how he reacts to this treatment or mistreatment.
3. Using the male characters in Trifles and a poem OR Fences and a poem, demonstrate how gender expectations limit a character’s ability to have intimate and lasting relationships with other men and women. Please make sure the poem that you’ll use to be one of these from the book: 1. “Ash” page 874 2. “Head, Heart” page 732
3. “The Road Not Taken” page 892-893
The post Pick one of these prompts:
1. Using Trifles and a poem, write an essay in whic appeared first on Homeworkassisters.