This paper is a biography of a watercolor artist. Many of these painters worked in other mediums in addition to watercolor, so try to include images of both in your comparisons. You must choose one artist FROM THIS LIST:
James Audobon. William Blake. Paul Cézanne. Winslow Homer. Edward Hopper
Georgia O’Keefe -her watercolors only! James McNeill Whistler
John Singer Sargent
1. Begin with a general biography of the artist, followed by your impressions of his/her work and watercolor technique. Describe the paintings using terms like composition, color and contrast, warmth, focal point, brush work, etc.
2. What is your favorite piece and why? Compare/contrast it with others by the same artist.
3. What time in their career did they paint your favorite and what were they influenced by?
1. 3 full pages in copy length. Must be typed copy, double spaced.
2. An additional 1-2 pages of images (2×3″min size). One image of the artist and at least
THREE COLOR images of his/her paintings which you have referred to in your writing. Reference them with the FIGURE # AND PAINTING NAME within your text AND repeat the information under the image you provide. Example: (Fig.1) By the River
3. Properly list all references. You must use at least FOUR sources.