Learning Outcomes Evidenced by this assignment:
- Demonstrate systematic knowledge of Capital Market Securities and the function of Stock exchanges.
- Understand the role of other financial securities including Mortgages, Loans, and Insurance products in the context of Financial Markets.
- Able to discuss the reasons for the rise in financial securities trading and integration of the international financial markets.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Bond Market Securities, Bond ratings, and International aspects of the Bond Market.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and implement appropriate analytical techniques.
- Able to write a critical argument and communicate complex ideas in a clear logical manner
Details of the tasks
1. Critically discuss capital markets and how do bond markets fit into the definition of capital markets. Discuss Bond Market securities.
2. Critically discuss the impact of reduced economic activity due to Covid 19 on the London Stock Exchange (November 01, 2019 – October 31, 2020: London Stock Exchange – FTSE all share).
- Question 1: Your coursework should draw on the theories studied in the lectures and seminars and also the real-world experience of international financial markets during recent years.
- Question 1: Students may achieve higher marks with an evidence-based display of their theoretical understanding with current real-world empirical evidence.
- Question 2 is intentionally broad-based. You are encouraged to conduct research on the topic and draw your own conclusions. You are encouraged to use UEL databases and online resources including the UK Debt Management Office (DMO), Office of National Statistics (ONS), and London Stock Exchange website.
- Question 2: You are required to collect some data from online databases and make use of graphs charts and diagrams to support your discussion.