The change report should:
• Identify a problem/challenge in practice(relevant to paediatric nursing) that could be addressed
• Identify how this will be addressed through a simple change in practice that will
• CRITICALLY analyse how the change would be implemented and include discussion
around quality improvement, change management models and processes, challenges
to change, leadership influences and interprofessional working and co-production.
Things to consider about your change idea (and some questions to ask yourself) :
• Changes in one area can have an impact or affect demand and delivery in another area or
service. Will your change idea impact on anyone else? How will you address this?
• Where possible consider how you can include service users as part of the inter-professional
team. How can I get service users involved?
• Read around the topic of change. Engage with up to date literature, policies and local health
reports to support and justify the need for change. Be careful not to inadvertently identify
the Trust. Use ‘local trust’ always.
• Consider any barriers or challenges that there may be to your change idea and how will you
manage this. How may people object to the change? What can be done to convince them
that this is necessary and can improve quality care?