Assignment: Based on your study of the primary source collection edited by Woody Holton analyze the experience of African Americans in the revolutionary era. Please also review the discussion in Week 7. You may wish to focus on a particular component of the African Americans’ experience:
• Their experience in the years leading to the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War
• African Americans in military service – Patriot or Loyalist service
• Legal and political actions to achieve freedom and end racial slavery
• The experience of African American women and their quest for freedom
• African Americans’ pursuit of freedom and a life outside of the United States
Be sure to start the paper by placing your topic in its historical context and use both primary sources and second sources (i.e., the introductory essay and the Edwards textbook) to support your arguments. Students will use a minimum of four separate written primary sources from the Holton collection for the essay.
A minimum of three sources are required for this essay:
• Woody Holton, Black Americans in the Revolutionary Era.
• Rebecca Edwards, America’s History, volume 1 to 1877, concise edition.
• ONE scholarly source from the FPU Library. This may be a scholarly journal article or a scholarly book.
• Students may use additional scholarly sources from the university library.
The post Assignment: Based on your study of the primary source collection edited by Woody appeared first on Homeworkassisters.