Instructions and Submission
Step 1: Complete all four required postings in the blog template as per below.
- Background: You are the Director of Communications for a large Canadian-based corporation, and it is your responsibility to write the company blog that is posted on the Internet for all stakeholders and the general public to read. You can select the name of the company and its type of business in line with the scenarios. The Blog Worksheet outlines four scenarios (situations) for which you must make a blog post.
- Click here to use the Communication Blog Template to write and organize your four blog entries and submit it by the assignment due date.
Step 2: Prior to beginning this exercise, complete the unit readings and conduct some basic research on what constitutes a blog (short for web log), and how blogs differ from other types of more formal writing styles.
Step 3: When writing your blog posts, consider the following:
- The subject matter and whether it is good news or bad news.
- The appropriate tone for your message to ensure consistency.
- The audience for your message. Note the background information below states that it is a public blog. Consider who will read a public blog and who will be the primary audience.
- The length and the importance of being succinct (Though the average blog length is between 500-1,000 words, for the purposes of this assignment, keep each of your postings to a maximum of 250 words).