Homework Help Question & Answers
1) C2H6 (g) —–> C2H4 (g) + H2 (g) ΔH1 = ? 2) C2H6 (g) +…
1) C2H6 (g) —–> C2H4 (g) + H2 (g) ΔH1 = ?
2) C2H6 (g) + 3.5O2 (g) —–> 2CO2 (g) + 3H2O (l) ΔH2 = -1560 kJ/mo
3) C2H4 (g) + 3O2 (g) —–> 2CO2 (g) + 2H2O (l) ΔH3 = -1411 kJ/mol
4) 2H2O (l) —–> 2H2 (g) + O2 (g) ΔH4 = 571.6 kJ/mol
How much heat is transferred between the system and the surroundings when 25 grams of ethane (C2H6) decomposes to produce ethylene (C2H4) and hydrogen gas? Is energy is released or absorbed by the system?
*** Hint: You will need to calculate ΔH1 and use this value in your calculations to solve for this problem. ***