First, share your previous experiences of civic engagement, or volunteering. Describe the identity groups and community that were supported by your efforts. How were
The post Civic engagement, or volunteering. first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.
First, share your previous experiences of civic engagement, or volunteering. Describe the identity groups and community that were supported by your efforts. How were they served? If you worked with a specific organization, be sure to mention them and give them some recognition. What types of experiences did you engage in? What did you get out of it? Do you recommend the experience to others?
Second, in preparation for the final project complete the following:
Choose a social issue from the list provided that is experienced in your community:
1. Youth Engagement [Teens] – Urban Farms, Night-time Basketball clubs, Mentoring, Elder visits, Care-givers, LGBTQI Runaways/Homeless
2. Youth Engagement [Children] – Hunger and Meals, After School, Tutoring, Arts & Music
3. Elder Engagement – Grandma and Grandpa mentoring to youth, Tutoring, School-related
4. Elder Care – Hunger, Meals, Self-care, Errands, Transport, Visits, Veterans, Care-givers
5. General Community – Arts & Music, Food Deserts, Urban Food/Nutrition, Urban Farms, Environmental issues (fracking, drought, environmental racism, ‘not in my back yard’), Homelessness
6. Animals – Rescue, Elder support while ill, Senior animals
7. Programs to support unique groups: Victims of Domestic Violence, Disabled Veterans, Veterans Families, Care Support for spouses of Disabled Veterans, Bullying, Race or Religion-related, LGBTQI- related, Single-parents