To Prepare for the Assignment
-Using the SPSS software, General Social Survey dataset and choose a quantitative variable.
-In order to open this file, you will have to download the SPSS software. The link to the General Social Survey dataset is below.
Directions for the Assignment
Using SPSS Software:
1. Take a random sample of 100.
2. Calculate the 95% confidence interval for the variable.
3. Calculate a 90% confidence interval.
4. Take another random sample of 400.
5. Calculate the 95% confidence interval for the variable.
6. Calculate a 90% confidence interval.
7. Post your results, the mean of Age to verify the dataset you used, and an explanation of how different levels of confidence and sample size affect the width of the confidence interval.
8. Next, consider the statement, “Confidence intervals are underutilized” and explain what the implications might be of using or not using confidence intervals.
9. Provide examples based on the results of your data. Also, use your research to support your findings.
Sources to Use
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Chapter 5, “The Normal Distribution” (pp. 151-177)
Chapter 6, “Sampling and Sampling Distributions” (pp. 179-209)
Chapter 7, “Estimation” (pp. 211-240)
Wagner, III, W. E. (2020). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Chapter 3, “Selecting and Sampling Cases”
Chapter 5, “Charts and Graphs”
Chapter 11, “Editing Output”
The post Calculate the 95% confidence interval for the variable. appeared first on Assignment Prep.