Disaster recovery planning Assignment
At UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge.
DUE: JUNE 23rd, 5:00 PM
Once your team is in place and the scope of your disaster recovery planning is determined, the next step is to determine exactly what vital functions need to be included in the plan. Can you easily identify the most vital functions? What happens to the business if one or more functions are suddenly unavailable due to a system failure or other disaster? What is the cost if a function is unavailable? Intuitively, some functions must be more valuable than others, but what is that value? How can this value be measured? In a time of scarce resources, which functions need to be heavily protected and which (if any) can be safely ignored? In a major disaster affecting many functions, which functions are essential for the company’s survival?
These questions are all pertinent.
In your final research project for the course, your task is to write a minimum of a 4-page paper discussing these concepts:
· Introduction – What is Disaster Recovery
· Why Should an Organization evaluate risk?
· What are some Solutions in selecting a strategy?
· What is Important for a Technical Recovery Plan and Crisis Management Plan?
· Discuss at least one real organization that has been effective with implementing the Information Security Response.
· Conclusion – Final thoughts/future research/recommendation
The paper needs to be a minimum of 4 pages long, NOT including the title page and a references page (for a total of a minimum 4 pages). Be sure to use proper APA formatting and citations to avoid plagiarism.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· Be minimum of 4 pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
· Follow APA guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
· Support your answers with the readings from the course, the course textbook, and at least FIVE scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find supplemental resources.
· Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.