Choose one article from the qualitative research studies.
Discuss the following points about the article:
1) Does the article state the problem clearly?
2) How did the authors conduct the research? Is the description of the method clear?
3) What were the results of the study?
4) Did the charts or graphs help make the data and results clearer? Why or why not?
5) Were the statistics used understandable? If none were used, why not?
6) Could the results and conclusions be used in practice?
Choose one article and answer questions
Gilmour, J. A., Huntington, A.., Broadbent, R., Strong, A.., & Hawkins, M. (2012). Nurses’ use of online health information in medical wards. Journal of Advanced Nursing 68(6), 1349–1358. doi: 10.1111/j.1365- 2648.2011.05845.x
Kynoch, K., Paxton, J., & Chang, A. M. (2010). Nurses’ experiences and perspectives of caring for obstetric
patients in intensive care: A qualitative study. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 20, 1768–1775. doi:
MacNeela, P., Scott, P. A., Tracy, M., Hyde, A., & O’Mahony, A. (2012). Risk to himself: Attitudes toward
psychiatric patients and choice of psychosocial strategies among nurses in medical–surgical units.
Research in Nursing & Health, 35, 200–213.
Majholm, B., Esbensen, B. A., Thomsen, T., Engbæk, J., & Møller, A. M. (2012). Partners’ experiences of the
post discharge period after day surgery – a qualitative study. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 21, 2518–2527.
Ngako, J. K., Van Rensburg, E. S. J., & Mataboge, S. M. L. (2012). Psychiatric nurse practitioners’ experiences
of working with mental health care users presenting with acute symptoms. Curationis, 35(1), 44.
Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/curationis.v35i1.44
Youngblut, J. M., & Brooten, D. (2013). Parent’s report of child’s response to sibling’s death in a neonatal or
pediatric intensive care unit. Journal of Critical Care, 22, 474-481.