Section 1: The Role of Marketing
1. Overview of your business idea and analyze the current trends that have influenced your idea.
2. Explain the role of marketing in an organization.
3. Critically evaluate the function of marketing in an organization, and how the marketing department interconnects with other departments in an organization.
Section 2: The Marketing Mix
1. Evaluate the marketing planning process and the importance of marketing strategy to the success of a start-up business.
2. Create one SMART(ER) marketing objective for your business.
3. Design your extended marketing mix and compare it with your closest competitor.
Section 3: Marketing Planning
1. Evaluate your target market by producing your STP strategy (this will include the creation of a customer profile, targeting strategy rationale and perceptual map with competitive positioning).
2. Design a marketing implementation plan for your first advertising campaign. In the plan, you need to consider your marketing objective, allocation of resources (financial, human, and physical), and timeline.
3. Design a promotional budget, using the objective-task method.
4. Evaluate the control and evaluation techniques at your disposal, in order to monitor the effectiveness of your marketing plan.