PERT & CPM APPLICATION
PERT is a graphical representation for project scheduling. It supports time management and helps operations teams plan and execute more effectively.
Introduction (2-3 sentences)
• Provide a fact that you came across researching the topic that will pique your readers’ interest. NOTE: Introductions and conclusions may be written after the body of the paper is completed.
PERT Tool Research
Search the internet for templates or free software to create the PERT. If you easily learn new programs, check out free online apps or companies that offer no-cost downloads for creating PERT charts. Templates are best if you find attacking new software too daunting in a two-week module. This is your project: Make decisions that fit the way you work best.
Your project application will be Module 4 work in OPM300. Create an in-depth PERT chart that graphically represents how the project will be set up. Provide the source of the template or the link to the software used.
• Begin this section with a description of the PERT tool.
• Provide written rationale for choices made in developing the PERT chart.
(1½ pages, not including chart) Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite in the body of the work and add a reference list in APA format. Internet research is appropriate for this case.
Critical Path Method (CPM)
The schedule network diagram visually represents how the scheduled tasks are connected. The PERT shows the tasks, the schedule network diagram shows the order.
Submit the schedule network diagram using the critical path method (CPM) using a template or your choice of software.
• Begin this section with a description of the CPM method.
• Explain the critical paths in your schedule.
(1½ pages, not including chart) Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite in the body of the post and add a reference list in APA format. Internet research is appropriate for this post.
Conclusion (2-3 sentences)
• Wrap up the discussion with an overview with ideas for future workplace applications using these tools.