Human Ecosystems Project: Should Public Restrooms Be Gender-Neutral
In this paper, you will write about the topic: Should Public Restrooms Be Gender-Neutral.
PowerPoint slides – you must respond to the following points:
• Identify the topic.
• What is the central issue of the topic being discussed?
• Who was each of the authors’ intended audience? And how do you know?
• What is the summary or abstract of each argument?
o What are each of the two sides saying to dispute or support the argument?
o What are the apparent underlying assumptions for each of the arguments?
• What allowed you to take an unbiased approach to the arguments? Did the assumptions you had about the issue before reading the articles change or remain the same?
• What questions did the arguments raise in your mind?
• What are the writers’ credentials, purpose, and motivation for writing?
• Where do the writers disagree about the facts or the interpretation of the facts?
• Where do the writers disagree about underlying beliefs, values, or assumptions?
• What forms of persuasion are being used? How are the authors’ each using pathos, logos, and ethos in their arguments?
• What was left out of the arguments, either because the author might not have wanted you to know, or because the author was not thorough? How did this affect your response to the argument?
• How does this issue relate to Social Sciences and the “Family and Human Ecosystems” model? [yeah I do not about this one, so skip it unless you want to go out of your way to look it up]
• How is this issue relevant to now?
• Evaluate whether or not you feel the author’s argument was valid, successful and/or persuasive.
• Come up with 4 or 5 discussion questions that you think will help provoke the audience.
(I must apologize for the inconvenience of this short paper, this my professor’s instructions not mine, I guess maybe you can write each paragraph as its own slide, or perhaps you can write an outline that I can translate into slides. Whatever fits for you that you believe it is best to cover this)
The post What allowed you to take an unbiased approach to the arguments? Did the assumptions you had about the issue before reading the articles change or remain the same?Explain appeared first on Essay Quoll.