Gospels Book Study: Mark
Answer the three questions – Each questions 2 pages
(1) Self-evaluation of whole-course,
(2) Missional implications of whole-course, and
(3) exploration of a pericope of your choosing from the Gospel of Mark, highlighting for a particular audience how Mark’s unique presentation of Jesus Christ will impact missional living and thinking in that context.
1 Question –
Excellent course to learn a whole perspective of the Gospel of Mark in a seminary and – Kingdom of God, Sufferings, and Discipleships. it helps me think textually.
Prior to learning the languages, most of us simply do not know how to think on a textual level when it comes to studying the Scripture. But after learning Greek or Hebrew (even if we forget it), we now understand grammar, syntax, logical flow, and sentence structure.
Moreover, we understand the way words work, how their meaning is determined (or not determined), the importance of context, and the avoidance of certain exegetical fallacies.
PROGRAM GOALS AND COURSE OBJECTIVES ENABLE YOU TO . . .
Students will live grace-based lives increasingly characterized by wisdom, the fruit of the Spirit, and love for God and others.
1. Achieve a better understanding of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus and to follow him into the world.
2. Specifically, grow in our understanding of care for the poor, the importance of kingdom suffering, and the power of the kingdom of God.
Students will demonstrate knowledge of the Bible & its missional perspective and their ability to humbly interpret and apply it in light of history, culture, and genre.
3. Talk intelligently and winsomely about the historical highpoints and main contours of Synoptic Gospels research.
4. Talk intelligently about the main contours of the various “Quests for the Historical Jesus.”
5. Articulate the unique message about Jesus of the Gospel of Mark.
6. Articulate winsomely application from Mark that will prove fruitful for ministry and mission in your 21st century context.
The post Prepare an exploration of a pericope of your choosing from the Gospel of Mark, highlighting for a particular audience how Mark’s unique presentation of Jesus Christ will impact missional living and thinking in that context. appeared first on Essay Quoll.