HEALTH CARE LAW AND POLICY TRAINING SESSION ASSESSMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Develop a 2-5-page training strategies summary and annotated agenda for a training session that will prepare a role group to succeed in implementing your proposed organizational policy and practice guidelines.
Training and educating those within an organization who are responsible for implementing and working with changes in organizational policy is a critical step in ensuring that prescribed changes have their intended benefit. A leader in a health care profession must be able to apply effective leadership, management, and educational strategies to ensure that colleagues and subordinates will be prepared to do the work that is asked of them.
To help ensure a smooth rollout and implementation of your proposed policy and practice guidelines, design a training session for one of the role groups in the organization that will be responsible for implementation.
· Write a brief summary of your strategies for working with your chosen role group.
· Explain how this training session will help prepare the group to succeed in implementing your proposed policy and practice guidelines, and why you chose this group to pilot your proposal.
· Prepare an annotated agenda for a two-hour training session.
During this training session, you will want to ensure that the individuals you are training understand the new policy and practice guidelines. You will need them to buy into the importance of the policy in improving the quality of care or outcomes and their key role in successful policy implementation. You must help them acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in implementing the policy and practice guidelines.
As outcomes of this training session, participants are expected to:
· Understand the organizational policy and practice guidelines to be implemented.
· Understand the importance of the policy to improving quality or outcomes.
· Understand that, as a group, they are key to successful implementation.
· Possess the necessary knowledge and skills for successful implementation.
The strategy summary and annotated training agenda requirements outlined below correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each main point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. In addition, be sure to note the requirements for document format and length and for supporting evidence.
· Summarize evidence-based strategies for working with the role group to obtain their buy-in and prepare them to implement the new policy and apply the associated practice guidelines to their work.
o Why will these strategies be effective?
o What measures might provide early indications of success?
· Explain the impact of the new policy and practice guidelines.
o How they will be implemented?
o How will they affect the daily work routines and responsibilities of the role group?
· Justify the importance of the new policy and practice guidelines with regard to improving the quality of care or outcomes related to the role group’s work.
o How will the policy and guidelines help improve the quality of care or outcomes?
· Explain the role group’s importance in implementing the new policy and practice guidelines.
o Why is the work and buy-in of the role group important for successful implementation?
o How could you help the group feel empowered by their involvement during implementation?
· Determine appropriate and effective instructional content, learning activities, and materials for the training session.
o How will each proposed activity on your agenda support learning and skill development?
o Can you complete the training within the allotted two hours?
· Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions.
o Proofread your strategy summary and training agenda, before you submit it, to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult for them to focus on the substance of your strategies.
· Support main points, assertions, arguments, conclusions, or recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
o Be sure to apply correct APA formatting to source citations and references.
Example Assessment: See the Assessment 4 Example on a separate attachment to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
Strategy Summary and Training Agenda Format and Length
Format your document using APA style 7th edition.
· Be sure to include:
o A title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
o A running head on all pages.
o Appropriate section headings.
· Be sure your strategy summary and agenda is 2–5 pages in length, not including the title page and references page.
Cite 2–4 external sources to support your strategies for working with the group you have identified and generating their buy-in, as well as for your approach to the training session, activities, and materials.
HEALTH_CARE_LAW_AND_POLICY_TRAINING_SESSION_EXAMPLE_1_ HEALTH_CARE_LAW_AND_POLICY_TRAINING_SESSION_ASSESSMENT_INSTRUCTIONS HEALTH_CARE_LAW_AND_POLICY_TRAINING_SESSION_COMPETENCIES HEALTH_CARE_LAW_AND_POLICY_TRAINING_SESSION_SCORING_GUIDE_2_
Click here for further assistance on this assignment
The post Training and educating those within an organization who are responsible for implementing and working with changes in organizational policy is a critical step in ensuring that prescribed changes have their intended benefit. appeared first on Apax Researchers.