Research Paper: Final Submission Assignment Instructions
This assignment requires you to use empirical research to evaluate a social cognitive topic covered in this course.
Purpose: This research paper will build on your skills of critical thinking, critiquing and evaluating empirical literature. This assignment will allow you to practice reviewing empirical literature to evaluate your selected topic related to social cognitive development.
1. In Module 1: Week 1, review and pick a topic that is covered in this course that is of interest to you. Submit your selected topic in Module 1: Week 1.
****** see above topic
2. Conduct a review of literature on empirical research related to your selected topic.
3. The Research Paper must include at least 10 empirical studies in peer-reviewed journals in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible that addresses your selected topic. A minimum of 5 sources should be peer-reviewed articles published within the last 5 years.
4. Read the articles, taking notes on the methods, results, and conclusions.
5. Must be 25 pages (exclusive of title page, abstract, references pages) and include:
a. Introduction: Be sure to set up the importance of this particular issue, along with any history that is relevant. At the end of the introduction should be a thesis statement that guides the following synthesis of research.
b. Body: Be sure to include empirical details from each study, including design, participants, measures, findings, and interpretations. Synthesize the findings into a coherent narrative. Incorporate appropriate APA subheadings and use transition statements as you move from one main idea to the next.
c. Conclusion: Summarize your analysis and note the practical implications or applications.
6. The instructor will be focusing on the content of this assignment writing and less on proofreading. Students are expected to proofread each assignment for clarity, grammar, and spelling. In addition, the Liberty University Online Graduate Writing Center can help with overall writing and flow.
Format: Use Current APA
1. Include a title page, abstract, references page(s), in addition to 25 pages.
2. Proper APA use of subheadings.
3. Avoid first and second person pronouns and be sure to use past tense when describing completed research.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via Turnitin.