In this assignment, you will select a current medical ethics issue to research and write about for your research paper
Topic I chose is end of life (Physician assisted suicide and euthanasia)
you will submit a detailed outline of your term paper. Your submission must include sections corresponding to the following subheadings:
● Technical Aspects
Provides necessary medical and scientific information to understand the issue.
● Public Policy
Describes current and proposed changes in public policy/law.
● Arguments For and Against
Include a summary of the arguments in favor of and opposed to specific interventions, techniques, or products and a discussion of underlying ethical principles. Discuss the public policy with two additional argumentative paragraphs- one discussing the in favor of and one paragraph discussing the opposing argument
Expresses your personal opinion regarding the importance of the topic and the strength of the pro and con arguments.
Additionally, you must include:
● Topic Sentences and Paragraph Transitions
Each section of your outline should include topic sentences and paragraph transitions that tie your significant points together.
● Detail Sufficient to Evaluate your Thinking
Write complete thoughts.
● Quotes and Paraphrases
Include from three outside sources, indicated by APA in-text citations. Sources should be less than five years old unless recent research is not available, and at least one reference must be a peer-reviewed article from a professional journal. Do not use Wikipedia or an encyclopedia as they are not considered reliable academic sources and will not be accepted.
This week you will submit the final draft of your term paper. Your term paper should:
● Discuss the technical aspects of your topic in general terms.
● Discuss the public policy debates relevant to the topic you choose. This section should cover arguments that favor and oppose the use of the techniques or products.
● Express your personal opinion regarding the topic’s importance and the validity of the pro and con arguments.
Your submission must include:
● A title page
● The body of the paper, which includes 4–6 content pages of a professionally written text
● At least three references from textbooks, websites, and articles that provide adequate justification and support your claim
● Subheadings (technical aspects, public policy, and personal opinion/conclusion)
● Appropriate in-text citations throughout the paper
● A reference list with only the sources used in the body of the paper (All sources should be less than five years old unless recent research is not available, and at least one reference must be a peer-reviewed article from a professional journal. Do not use Wikipedia or an encyclopedia as they are not considered reliable academic sources and will not be accepted.)
● APA style formatting throughout your paper