Step 1: Select an organisation that you would like to investigate. When choosing the organisation, make sure that you are able to access data from the organisation easily, or the data is available on the web.
Step 2: Write a case study report outlining how the selected organisation has used the Data management concepts to successfully solve a problem faced by the organisation.
- a) Demonstrate an understanding of the broad concepts of data management.
- b) Demonstrate how to manage data within organisations, teams and projects. Investigate techniques on how to collect, store, clean and manipulate data.
- c) Explore data management techniques and apply when and where applicable.
- d) Analyse and apply data issues in an organisational context.
- e) Effectively report and communicate findings to a business audience who are not necessarily IT professionals.
1: Introduction to the Organisation Please address the following three points in this section:
- A) Introduce the organisation that you are about to study.
- B) Why have you chosen this organisation?
- C) What is the typical business of the chosen organisation?
Section 2: Introduction to the concept of Data Analysis Examples of ‘concept’ include (but are not limited to) Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Cluster Computing, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Use of Data for AI.
This concept is what is being applied by the organisation that you have picked in the ‘Step 1’. Write a brief about this concept that shows that you understand this concept inside out.
Section 3: Data Sources List the sources from where you collected the information for this assessment. These sources can be interviews, videos, documents, website etc. Section 4: Analysis, please address the following four points in this section:
- A) What was the original problem being faced by the organisation that you chose?
- B) How did the organisation implement the concept that you have identified in Section 2?
- C) What were the problems faced by the organisation in implementing the new change?
- D) How was this change beneficial for the organisation?
Section 5: Conclusions, Findings and Recommendations Conclude your report explaining what you learned from this analysis. What were the core findings and what are your recommendations for the organisation that you selected?