- Conduct Stakeholder Analysis
- Produce a Project Charter
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Construct a Project Schedule
B. PROJECT BACKGROUND
SINGAPORE – Braving the coarse ground, about 200 runners took to the track at Our Tampines Hub (OTH) on Sunday (Nov 29), split into small groups with social distancing in place – all while barefoot.
The OTH Barefoot Run 2020 race was among a few mass runs to take place here since restrictions to curb the spread of Covid-19 were eased, giving a glimpse into how sporting events will fare in the new normal. Many runs scheduled for the year have been postponed or gone virtual.
In Sunday’s race, runners in the open categories for men and women above 18 years old had to run three laps of the track, and those in the masters categories for men and women above 40 had to do two laps. All finishers took home a token medal, with the top three finishers in each category receiving
Ms Jillian See, 22, placed first in the women’s open category, said she had looked forward to the race, her first since February. “After a very long break, it helped me gauge my stamina and readiness.
My ex-coach from track and field CCA in secondary school alerted me and my former classmates and we decided to come together. It is also a way for us to spend time with one another,” she said. Ms. See, a student at the Singapore Institute of Management, said she has been training individually but looks forward to more sports events opening up in the future.
Preparations for the run, co-organized by Our Tampines Hub with Tampines West, Punggol Shore Community Sports Club, ActiveSG, and Singapore Pools, began in mid-September. Organizers were particular about scheduling time slots and segregating runners into different groups according to their
2 Project Management (BCLE007)
Individual Assignment 2 Brief
categories to ensure safe distancing. Other measures including SafeEntry check-in and temperature scanning were also enforced at the site.
IT manager Gaurav Kelshikar, 38, took part in the men’s open category, while his wife Gargi, 35, ran in the women’s open. The couple said the race gave them a chance to get out of the house and stay active.
“We keep a lookout for any interesting activities that are highlighted online so that we can take part in it, whether it’s gardening, cycling or running. Activities like this keep us entertained and give us something to look forward to in these times,” said Mr. Gaurav.
Some of the runners also donated their old shoes for recycling at the site. On its part, OTH has also collected over 4,100 pairs of shoes which will be donated for recycling. Singapore Pools has pledged $20 for every pair of donated shoes up to a total of $10,000, and the amount raised will go to Kheng Chiu Loke Tin Kee Home.
Mayor of North East District Desmond Choo, the guest of honor at the run, said: “Covid-19 has disrupted our daily lives and more importantly, impacted the less fortunate in our community. Despite these challenging circumstances, we must rally everyone, especially Tampines residents, to do good and foster public spirit among the community.”
You have been appointed as the Project Manager for the event OTH Barefoot Run, which will be held on 28 November 2021. The event in 2020 was such a success that Our Tampines Hub (OTH) has decided, together with partners ActiveSG and Singapore Pools, to organize a second edition of the run.
Kheng Chiu Loke Tin Kee Home shall be the beneficiary of the funds raised, with Singapore Pools pledging $20 for each pair of donated shoes, up to $15,000 for the charity. Your 3-month appointment begins on 6 September 2021 and OTH expects the project kick-off meeting to take place by 24 September, with the attendance of members of the project team. The project shall conclude by 6 December 2021.
1. For the assignment report, begin with a brief introduction of the project of approximately 200 words.
2. Project stakeholders are key parties to a project:
- Explain ‘project stakeholders’.
- Identify project stakeholders of OTH Barefoot Run 2021
- Present a stakeholder analysis of the project. [Refer Lesson 2 Activity 1]
3. During the initiation phase, we always begin with a Project Charter for your project:
- Explain the benefits of a project charter.
- Submit a Project Charter for OTH Barefoot Run. [Refer Lesson 4 Activity 1]
4. During the planning phase of a project, Project Managers should utilize Work Breakdown Structures:
- Describe ‘Work Breakdown Structure’.
- Create the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for OTH Barefoot Run. The WBS structure should include at least 3 levels of components. [Refer Lesson 6 Activity 1]
5. Construct a Gantt chart of your project schedule. The schedule should include but is not limited to activities, activity durations, start/end dates, critical path, and milestones.