After you read the below article, answer the following questions:
1. Identify at least two distinctive trends and materials in art production for each of the following cultures: Olmec, Mayan, and Aztec.
2. In at least six sentences, describe the importance of Teotihuacan as a religious, commercial, and art historical center.
3. Identify at least three features of Mayan art from the Classic Period.
4. What were Mixtec codices used for? What was their basic format?
5. Define logographic.
6. Above is an example of naming and scene conventions in Mixtec codices. Create you own scene using similar naming, placement, and style conventions.
Your scene must illustrate what a day in your life looks like.
Make sure you come up with a unique name for yourself!
Cultures of Mesoamerica
Mesoamerica was dominated by three cultures in the Pre-Classical (up to 200 CE) to Post-Classical periods (circa 1580 CE): the Olmec, Maya, and Aztec.
The post Identify at least two distinctive trends and materials in art production for each of the following cultures: Olmec, Mayan, and Aztec. appeared first on Assignment gods.